Freedomotic for Privates
With Freedomotic Home Automation you can manage their home, save energy, have comfort and entertainment services. Freedomotic can help disabled people to have a simpler interaction and control over their home improving their quality of life.
Near future of Home Automation
Todays building automation is hardware-centric, vendor-bound and, if we talk of home automation, it is also pre-packaged. This leads respectively to a system hard to scale to your needs which easely becomes obsolete; strong vendor lock-in for the end user and high prices; low flexibility due to standardized automations and scenaries. This will soon change, with more accent on software, use personal devices you already have (like smartphones and tablets) as part of your automation facilities to spare on costs; and smarter homes thanks to artificial intelligence algorithms.
Freedomotic has in mind to solve this issues with an open, flexible and scalable software that can interact with standard building automation protocols as long as with do it yourself solutions and uses the web, social networks and user interfaces just like as any other hardware sensor or actuator. Due to its powerful abstraction and modular architecture it can manage from a small apartment to huge buildings like museums and corporate offices.
5 Tips to invest in Home Automation
When you invest in an home automation system it can be useful to consider this tips:
- This has to be a long lasting investment, be sure your new automation system gives you an enhancement of the commercial value of your building, for example home automation can give you an enhancement in it's energy class.
- read about government incentives for energy saving, for elders and disabled people if any.
- It can be a huge investment, assure you can make it gradually. If you are new to building automation start small (for example lighting automation and multimedia entertainment using your home PC and open source software) and add pieces along the way when you learn what you need and what you like to have.
- Do not be satisfied with standard automations, today technology can give a lot more that turning on a light using a touch screen instead of a classic wall switch.
- Consider open source software as replacement of some hardware features. Often it is for free, it is easier to manage and configure, it can “talk” with other device you have like smartphones and tablet, it can be upgraded and you can always switch to another if you are not satisfied; so you are not bound for life to a single vendor. If you take a look over the internet you can find a lot of them, choose the one that seems to fit better to your needs.
Why use Freedomotic
- Cost: freedom is free!
- Freedom of choice of different automation technologies and make them cooperate with no effort
- Not to be stick to a only one device manufacture
- Unified interface for every gadget in the house? not X10 remote anymore in the living room, just your smartphone.
- Create and test automations without the hardware in simulation mode. Try before buy! Onces you have the hardware you can use the same automations without changes.
- Integration without hassle.